|Manager – Procurement and Supply Chain (Calgary or Toronto)|
What does growth and investment in our people mean to you? Opportunity!
We are making significant investments in our people to meet the needs of our clients. Our goal is to have the most well rounded professionals in the world.
PwC’s continued success has created unprecedented new opportunities for exceptional people to join the practice at a Manager level. We are looking to appoint our future leaders… people with an outstanding track record in building a business and delivering results… people who have the vision and foresight to take their career to the next level and be part of a winning team.
Recent growth of the PwC Consulting practice has created an immediate need for a high performing Manager to join our Procurement and Supply Chain team in Calgary or Toronto and embrace a challenging career in a progressive environment.
Our Procurement and Supply Chain Advisory Practice focuses on bringing tangible and sustainable benefits to our clients. We cover a wide range of client supply chain business needs from strategy setting and initiative prioritization to tactical initiative management and delivery. We help our clients tackle key strategic, financial, and operational issues across their businesses focusing in particular on their end-to-end procurement and supply chain processes. These include activity planning, strategic sourcing & category management, procurement process and infrastructure improvement, contract management & contract reviews, and wider business fulfillment including warehousing and distribution, inventory management and P2P process improvement.
The role of a Manager in the Procurement and Supply Chain practice will include:
- Establish credibility with prospective clients by demonstrating expertise and knowledge of various aspects of procurement and supply chain operations;
- Manage the engagement team to the production of quality deliverables on time and on budget;
- Ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client organization;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables meets with client expectations; and
- Manage engagement risk and project economics including planning, budgeting, billings and collection.
- Develop and maintain relationships with decision makers at key clients;
- Contribute to pursuit teams and proposal development including innovative approaches and methodologies; and
- Team with PwC colleagues in other lines of services to service client needs.
- Perform role of counsellor and coach;
- Develop and deliver operations improvement training and share knowledge across the global PwC network;
- Provide input and guidance into the firm’s staffing process; and
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- This position may require some travel.
Successful candidates pursuing employment with us should have in excess of five years working in supply chain management, including at least three years of management consulting experience.
Candidates should also have strong experience in driving change and capturing tangible benefits in several of the following areas:
- Procurement Strategy
- Strategic Sourcing & Category Management
- Procure to Pay process improvement
- Inventory Management
Continuous improvement experience in Lean and or 6sigma is an advantage.
Energy industry or health care experience is an asset.
Experience with ERP and best of breed supply chain technologies from a design and implementation perspectives will be valued.
Personal characteristics should include:
- High level of service orientation
- Can do attitude, responsive and action oriented
- Strong problem solving orientation and analytical skills
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to establish trust and build relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent team player with strong leadership skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Open minded, agile with change and practical
PricewaterhouseCoopers is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.